Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bargain eBooks #125:

Bloated Goat by Manley Peterson

Genre: Middle Grade, Humor, Fantasy

Price: $0.99

Where to Get It:

Amazon.com (for Kindle)
Amazon UK
Barnes and Noble (Nook)
Smashwords (all eBook formats)


When Granny Hammy finds Bloated Goat face down in her front yard's drainage ditch, her grandson Cocky Doodle thinks nothing of it. In fact, he says that’s just another normal day for his best friend. But when they discover that Bloated Goat has little black Xs for eyes and is even more bloated than normal, they realize it is much more serious.

Come join the trio on a humorous adventure filled with jewel thieves, a despondent wolf, an alligator gangster, a kingdom of hungry mushrooms, a shocking skunk wedding, and a mysteriously powerful chameleon known as Crazy Ned.

What they're saying about it:

"I downloaded this book because the price was right and it sounded like something my 5th grader would enjoy. Oh, my! We read the first chapter aloud together and she was totally hooked. She cannot put this book down and keeps busting out in moaning laughs . . ."

"I don't normally read kids' books, but I had just finished a very heavy book and decided I needed something lighthearted to read next. I'm so glad I read this book! I laughed out loud 4 times in the first 3 chapters."

"Silly, crazy, inventive, wacky with a capital WACK. Well, that's exactly what this book brings to mind. But this time in a good, family friendly way! I feel the author set out to create the most outlandish and unorthodox cast of characters and story he could think of. If so, he succeeded 110%. I can confidently say you have never read a story like this one before."

No comments:

Post a Comment