Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bargain eBooks #434:

Drinking Life: Keeper of the Water Trilogy Part One by Kevin George

Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance

Price: $0.99

Where to Get It:

Amazon (Kindle)



Nia Ammo only wants to win the field hockey state championship. But it's not the other teams she has to worry about stopping her - it's the two soldiers in ancient battle armor who attack during the game! Nia has always been a little quicker, a little stronger, a little more agile than anyone else. She quickly learns that hand-to-hand combat is another skill she possesses...

The attack makes headlines and causes her parents to uproot the family business and move cross country during her senior year. It's not an easy adjustment and it's not long before she finds herself in the middle of another physical altercation, this time with the entire boy's lacrosse team. But a mysterious stranger named John Leon shows up to help and starts Nia's life on an uncontrollable spiral she never imagined...

On the night of her eighteenth birthday, she begins to dream about being another person in another life. The dreams grow increasingly frequent - and increasingly clear - and she begins to question everything about her life, from who she really is, to who she really was, to whether her parents are who they claim to be...

Nia unexpectedly finds herself falling for John but has fierce competition for his affection. Cassie is her neighbor and the daughter of her parents' business partner. She's selfish and ruthless and shallow and John seems like he can't stand her. But he also can't say no to her...

John knows something about Nia's past and the dreams she's been having but getting the information from him might turn deadly...


What they're saying about it:

"This book was recommended to me by a friend who makes me read books that expand my mind from the normal genres that I tend to go to. It was well written and kept reading to see what would happen next. I truly was able to picture what was happening through my own imagination. I can not wait for the writter to come out with the next book so I can go further into this amazing story and see what awaits..."--Amazon Reviewer



The North Pole Challenge: First Book of Flea's Five Christmases by Kevin George

Price: $0.99

Genre: Young Adult

Where to Get It:

Amazon (Kindle)



Imagine Santa Claus as a reclusive loner with a secret... Rudolph as an egotistical prima donna... the elves as cruel party animals... This is the world that Flea is thrust into when he learns that he's an elf. Everyone at the North Pole is afraid of change, especially since his sudden appearance could lead to a war with an enemy of epic proportions, another familiar Christmas name with a story not yet told... The North Pole Challenge is only $0.99 and was a winner in the 2010 NY Book Festival... Christmas is coming up fast but it might be the last one unless Flea can stop a war between the Poles...

What they're saying about it:

"I had to write a quick review on this story, because I adored it. I have since then read the next 2 in the series and can't wait for the next installment. If you are like me and want badly to believe in christmas and all the characters that go along with it then you will also adore this story. From the very beginning I was taken in and couldn't put it down. When I was scanning through the endless library for my kindle I was looking for a adventure of christmas without the sappy romance behind it all and I was so pleased with what I found here I had to purchase the next two stories I anxiously await Flea's fourth Christmas, The Frostie Challenge."--Amazon Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment