Friday, June 3, 2011

Bargain eBooks #218:

Priscilla the Great by Sybil Nelson

Genre: Middle Grade

Price: $0.99 - $2.99

Where to Get It:

Amazon.com (Kindle)
Smashwords (all eBook formats)



Today I'm glad to host Sybil Nelson, main organizer of the Kindle Indiependence Contest to win a free Kindle, and her book, Priscilla the Great!

If you think your middle school years are awkward and traumatic, try going through them with fire shooting out of your fingers!

Hey, I’m Priscilla and all I want is to be a normal seventh grader. That’s hard enough with an older brother annoyingly obsessed with Christina Aguilera, mischievous baby twin brothers who could scare the sin off of Satan, and parents more puzzling than a Rubik’s cube in the Bermuda triangle.

But when psycho, genetically enhanced assassins start trying to kill me and my family, being normal is downright impossible.

What they're saying about it:

"Priscilla the Great is a wonderfully funny book! I have had the pleaure of reading this book and, as a grade school teacher, I have plans to get a copy for my classroom as well. Priss in no simpering heroine, waiting to be rescued by a cute boy. She's spunky and has a great sense of humor. Priss really is a positive role model for girls. Priscilla's younger brothers add a little bit of grossness to the story that boys will appreciate as well. I would definitely recommend Priscilla the Great to anyone looking for something for their child."--Amazon Reviewer

"This book is full of action and I was always either laughing like crazy, or awing like crazy (is that even a verb?) or giggling like crazy. I was never bored, never pissed off at anyone. This is a highly entertaining read, and though it's obviously aimed at Middle Grade audiences, I think older people would enjoy it too."--Amazon Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment