Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bargain eBooks #85:

The Cutting Edge by Darcia Helle

Genre: Dark Comedy/Psychological Mystery/Suspense

Price: $3.99

Where to Get It:

Amazon.com (For Kindle)
Barnes and Noble (Nook)
Smashwords (all eBook formats)
Sony (for Sony reader)


My name is Skye Summers. I'm a hairstylist and I can't stop fantasizing about killing my clients. Not all of them, of course. I only want to kill the ones who irritate me, which, if I'm being honest, is most of them. My occasional fantasies have turned into chronic daydreams. They're bloody and vivid, like watching a slice-and-dice movie on IMAX.

I also want to kill my husband's ex-girlfriend. She's not a client but she tops my list. Eighteen years ago, she gave birth to his daughter and she has tormented him ever since. I should be troubled by this growing desire to use my surgically sharpened shears for more than a haircut. Instead, I wonder how I can get away with it.

What they're saying about it:

"It is not a pun to call this book sharp. It is as perfect a description as I am able make. But, there are other things to say about Darcia Helle's `The Cutting Edge' and every one of them good. This is a delicious read; this is an inviting read; there are moments that bring you to knowing laughter. Skye is a perfect narrator. We have all owned her thoughts. She speaks to us, as we often speak to ourselves, "...it's normal to have these thoughts...right?"

Every moment of Ms. Helle's tale is a delight. To have you giggling at her imagined crimes against her customers, is a wicked thing to make you do, but I promise you will submit willingly. If she happens to find a chance to make those daydreams come true...you will understand, and forgive her. They had it coming. Right?"--Amazon Reviewer


"I have never read a book more amazing and intriguing as The Cutting Edge by Darcia Helle. I found it hard to put this book down. Every chapter kept me wanting more and more to find out the identity of the serial killer. And when you think you know who it is, you are stunned (similar to the way the killer stunned his victims!) to find out you were wrong! This is an amazing book that is filled with mystery, humor, love, and also makes you explore your inner thoughts of that "unruly customer". I urge anyone to read this extraordinary work and after reading I bet you will take a look at yourself and laugh how much you can relate to Skye! For anyone in the service industry this book is a MUST READ!!!!!"--Amazon Reviewer


Title: Hit List by Darcia Helle

Genre: Suspense

Price: Discounted to $3.19 (from $3.99)

Where to Get It:

Amazon.com (for Kindle)
Barnes and Noble (Nook)
Sony (for Sony Reader)
Smashwords (all ebook formats)


Sanity is not something you lose, like your car keys or that elusive sock in the dryer. That's what Ian believed before his mother stepped over the edge from sane to crazy. No one is able to give Ian a reasonable explanation. Corinne suffers from severe memory loss, odd behavior, and paranoid delusions. Or at least Ian had been told they were delusions. After all, who would be hiding outside watching his mother? And why?

Ian hires private investigator Lucianna Martel to retrace the events of his mother's last sane day. During Lucianna's investigation, she and Ian learn that Corinne may not be so crazy after all.

What they're saying about it:

"The multi-dimensional characters in Darcia Helle's Hit List pulled me into the story immediately. They held their grip on me through all the twists and turns and refused to let go until the very last page. I can't wait to read more of her books."--Amazon Reviewer

"This book starts where mother seems to be losing her mind, forcing her son to move back home and wonder if he should put her into an institution. How can a parent go from "normal" to a babbling child hiding in a closet in just one day? Follow Ian along while he tries to save his mother, with therapists and a private detective agency. Trust me; this book takes you places you never expect to go. There are surprises all the way to the end. This is the first book of Darcia Helle I have read, and I promise you it is not the last! Pick this one up, you will not be disappointed."--Amazon Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment